NIAGARA PENINSULA ONE LOFT RACE rULES
- No pooling.
- The winning pigeon and breeder will be declared the 2017 CRPU National Champion.
- The CU will provide a trophy.
- The birds will be darkened and loft darkening will start on April 16, 2017.
- All birds will be vaccinated against PMV and Paratyphoid upon arrival at the loft.
- All training flights and the final race will be posted on the Niagara Peninsula One Loft Race website.
- Primary bird must be designated upon arrival at the loft or before.
- Back-up bird will automatically become the primary bird if the primary bird is lost. Anyone still having both birds may activate the back-up for $100 at any time up to shipping night. Any back-up bird not activated will not be shipped to the final race. All fees, once paid, are non-refundable, unless no birds clock in race time.
- Should sufficient birds fail to return in race time to close out the prizes, the unclaimed prize money will be paid-out proportionally to the birds that clocked in race time. Should no birds clock in race time, 100% of the entry fees (excluding perch fees) will be refunded.
- The Unikon clocking system will be used. All positions will be paid based on clocking order (no drops). In the event of a dead heat (tie) the prizes for the tied positions will be added together and divided by the number of tied birds.
- Birds will only be received from April 1, 2017 until April 16, 2017. No exceptions. Contact Rick Fyfe to arrange delivery to the loft of airport pick-up.
- Birds will be returned to the Breeder after the race at the Breeder’s request and at the Breeder’s expense. Unclaimed birds will become the property of the Niagara Peninsula One Loft Race and auctioned, with 100% of the proceeds going to a designated charity.
- All birds must be banded with a 2017 seamless life band approved for racing by the Canadian Racing Pigeon Union.
- This is designated as a two-day race. The race will close once all the prizes have been won, or one half hour after sunset on day two, which ever comes first.
Race Advisory Committee: Terry Wintle, Mike van der Jagt, Mike Taylor CU Vice President, Dr. John Sowerby DVM
$50 deposit reserves your team, first come first served
Make cheques payable to "Niagara Peninsula OLR" and mail to:
Rick Fyfe at 9961 Nichols Lane, Niagara Falls, ON, L2H 1V6
All CU rules apply
Disputes not covered by these rules will be decided by Rick Fyfe with advice from the Race Advisory Committee